Team Building & Problem Solving
Solving problems is a necessary part of life
Excellent for developing team work, initiative, planning, leadership, decision making, listening and communication skills. Plus mutual respect and awareness and consideration of others.
The problem solving tasks require the group to work effectively as a team. It is important to encourage participation by all, perhaps by allowing different people to lead a task. Reviewing is a critical process too in order to ensure success. Complete tasks in-line with the problem solving model: Plan – Do – Review
Problem Solving at Outdoor Elements
Set throughout our beautiful 7-acre woodland, we have a range of problem solving tasks. Typically problem solving is one session delivered alongside a range of other activities available at our activity centre. Click here to read more.
Problem Solving At Your Venue – Delivered By Outdoor Elements
We have problem solving resources that can be used indoors and outdoors. Working in small teams (up to 10) there are a range of physical and cognitive tasks to explore team dynamics and the process of plan-do-review. This session can also be presented as a fun competition between teams.
Problem Solving Box
Our problem solving boxes can be purchased for you to deliver and facilitate a number of tasks at your site. We have options for train-the-trainer sessions so our instructors can run the first session and perhaps annual refresher sessions so that the learning outcomes of problem solving can have a lasting impact.
- Choose from a selection of boxes
- Up to 32 problem solving tasks
- Each box is provided with briefing cards for each task
- Facilitation guidelines on how to run a problem solving session are included
- Individual tasks can take up to 20 minutes to complete
- The tasks can be presented in different ways to cater for ages 5 to adult
- The tasks can be set indoors or outdoors
- A number of groups can work simultaneously rotating around the tasks
- Tasks can be revisited and used as a tool to measure progression of a groups team work skills
- Full ‘train-the-trainer’ sessions available
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.